Hodgson Brothers Mountain Relay / Patterdale, Lakes District/ Sunday 1 October
The club is only able to enter a maximum of one team in this event. Members who are chosen will be invited to compete for the Open Team shortly. This will be the strongest possible team.
Event details http://hbmr.org.uk/
FRA British Relay / Llanberis, Wales / Sunday 15 October
The club will be entering several teams for this event of mixed abilities. The categories and amount of teams that we enter will be determined by the pool of members who declare an interest. To do this please email or text Scott Sadler as soon as possible – email@example.com / 07879638720, who is managing the teams this year.
Please let the club know that you wish to be considered for selection by using use one of the two methods above. Along with your D.O.B, address, contact number and emergency contact details.
Event rules of note – Team members must be experienced fell runners who have completed at least two ‘A’ class fell races. The event is for over 18, but at the discretion of the team captain 16-17 year olds can run Leg 4, which is flagged, if they are deemed to have the relevant experience.
Full details http://www.britishfellrelay.org.uk/
Rossendale Harriers four race midweek fell Series
For full details of these races look on the “Our Races” page on this website.
( Click on the + next to “About ” in the left hand menu for the “Our races “page )
For the series tables go here: http://www.felljunior.org.uk/RHMW/
For the clubs Grand Prix series tables go here: http://www.felljunior.org.uk/GP/
If you intend coming along to run in one of our fell races then please ensure you bring with you the recommended FRA kit. We may ask you to wear or carry all or some of it depending on the race and the weather on the day.
Full details of FRA rules and kit can be found on the FRA website Click here
The aim of the this club champs is to encourage members to compete in ‘A’ category fell races, whilst finding the best Fell Runners at the club. By providing a structure we can support each other with car sharing, recces and race specific training. There needn’t be many rules apart from those stipulated already by the FRA. Prizes will be awarded in as many categories’ that are viably competitive. Hopefully the notes below can avoid any confusion
Ras Yr Arran (Snowdonia) : Sat 18 March AM/10m:3100ft
Duddon Valley (Lakes) : Sat 3 June AL / 18m:6004ft
Black Fell (Dales) : Sat 1 July AM / 8.7m:2297ft
Burnsall (Dales) : Sat 19 August AS / 1.5m:899ft
Holme Moss (Peak) : Sun 23 July AL / 17.7m:4314ft
Dunnerdale (Lakes) : Sat 11 NovemberAS / 5m:1804ft
- You must be a senior club member and compete in races in club vest to score points.
- 3 best races from the 6 to count. Minimum of three races must be completed, one from each category (Short, Medium and Long as per FRA calendar).
Categories and Prizes
- An age category can only exist if there are two or more members in that category. This will be male and female from; U23, Senior Open, Senior Female, V40, V50, V60, and V70.
- Prizes will be claimed in the youngest qualifying category (e.g. If a V60 won the V50 then they would claim the V50 title and second place in V60 would claim the prize in the V60). If you’re good enough, you’re young enough.
- Special Prizes will be allocated to members who complete all 6 races
- Points are calculated by taking your finishing time percentage of the average time of the first three runners in each race. Then multiplying this by 100.
- A points table will be made up of participating runners. The runner with the most points in each category is the winner.
This example is taken from last years English Champs race at Langdale Horseshoe.
1. S. Tosh 1:59:51
2. S. Bailey 2:01:55
3. C. Bell 2:02:00
The average time of the first three runners is 2:01:02.
- S. Tosh 1:59:51 (101.3 pts)
- P. Brennan 2:34:33 (78.4 pts)
- S. Horrocks 2:39:51 (75.8 pts)
- C. Stansfield 2:47:41 (72.2 pts)
- M. Fawthrop 2:48:49 (71.8 pts)
- J. Tinman 2:58:17 (71.8 pts)
- R. Campbell 3:20:25 (67.9 pts)
- E. Skorupa 3:30: 26 (57.5 pts)
For series points tables click on the link below.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (07548963527) with any further questions.
Patrick Brennan – Fell Running Secretary